INFORMATION ABOUT HEMP & CBD OIL
- Hemp is a super-food: Hemp seeds are an amazing food. They are a complete protein, which means they include all essential amino acids. Hemp seeds also contain vitamins E and B. Hemp is an excellent source of essential fatty acids, such as Gamma linolenic acid, which can help your skin. Besides its great nutritional value, hemp seeds are also easy to digest.
- Hemp is non-psychoactive: Industrial hemp contains only trace amounts of THC (less than .03%) and is considered unsuitable for recreational use. Agricultural hemp will not get you “high”.
- Hemp is an amazing crop: Hemp requires few pesticides, no herbicides and has a very short crop rotation time. Hemp is not only eco-friendly but also environmentally sustainable and renewable. It’s also fast growing and versatile. Nearly every part of the plant is usable, with an estimated 25,000 different uses for industrial hemp. Among other products, hemp can be used for food, fiber, building materials and fuel.
- Hemp is good for the soil: We are still learning about industrial hemp’s full potential with regard to repairing damaged environments. But we do know that hemp roots can stabilize soil and reduce runoff. Hemp also leaves the soil in better condition than before it was planted. There is evidence suggesting that incorporating hemp into phytoremediation programs can be very helpful. And there are also indications that hemp can restore ecosystems damaged by fire. True wellness isn’t just about keeping your body healthy; it’s about keeping the earth healthy. Industrial hemp can play a huge role in both of those goals.
What is CBD? CBD stands for Cannabidiol
The CBD found in hemp oil is quickly becoming the focus of widespread medical and scientific research. CBD is the single most prominent naturally-occurring cannabinoid component found in industrial hemp plants.
Cannabidiol is “a cannabinoid devoid of psychoactive effect,” meaning that you will not become intoxicated if you consume CBD. After THC (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol), hemp CBD is by far the most studied natural cannabinoid. According to many researchers, CBD may be the single most important cannabinoid ever discovered, and might have great potential when it comes to increasing vitality in both animals and humans.
Growing hemp for CBD – We use Boax/Spectrum
CBD from hemp is not unlawful. Hemp is cannabis that grows as nature intended. Hemp is naturally rich in cannabidiol, while most marijuana is carefully cultivated to be high in THC and low in CBD. Hemp is grown from specific cannabis varieties that have even higher levels of CBD naturally, so it doesn’t make legal or practical sense to obtain CBD from marijuana.
Boax/Spectrum is a strain of hemp that can have a wide range of CBD:THC ratios, presumably with varying terpene profiles to match. It’s a strain that could also help benefit a wide variety of conditions and ailments. Boax and Spectrum, the strain we grow exclusively, can have ratios even higher than the original, potentially up to 40:1 CBD:THC, which is beyond the CBD potency of anything else available, including Charlotte’s Web. For this reason we exclusively use Boax and Spectrum and laboratory test every batch of oil.
Hemp vs. Marijuana – Growing hemp for CBD instead of marijuana
If CBD can be found in marijuana, why grow hemp? The answer to that is easy: CBD and CBD Oil from hemp is legal. Hemp is cannabis that grows as nature intended. Hemp is naturally rich in cannabidiol, while most marijuana is carefully cultivated to be high in THC and low in CBD. When hemp is grown from specific cannabis varieties that have even higher levels of CBD naturally, it doesn’t make legal or practical sense to obtain CBD from marijuana.
Through a combination of our unique cultivation, advanced plant genetics and growing techniques, an exceptionally high percentage of CBD can be produced naturally and consistently in the hemp plant. And through the application of proprietary technologies, certain companies have perfected a means of extracting CBD from hemp with an almost 99% purity rate, creating legal and non-psychoactive CBD-rich hemp oil. Because the federal government considers hemp distinct from marijuana, cannabinoids found naturally in hemp oil and hemp products face no legal restrictions and may be freely imported to the United States and in most of the industrialized world.
All of our products are derived from agricultural hemp, meaning they are the best way to obtain the benefits of the cannabis plant legally. Browse our cbd oil product selection today!
The Endocannabinoid System – How Hemp CBD Oil Affects the Brain and the Body
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is one of science’s newest and most exciting areas of study. The ECS regulates a variety of biological processes, like relaxation, eating, sleeping, certain inflammation responses, reproduction and even cognitive function. In a nutshell, your ECS is responsible for making sure your entire body is working optimally.
Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body. However, while the endocannabinoid system (ECS) performs different tasks, experts believe that the overall function of the ECS is the regulation of homeostasis, or keeping different elements of the human body in equilibrium. It is difficult to succinctly describe a complex system like the ECS, but what’s important to know is that there are two main types of cannabinoid receptors — CB1 and CB2 — on cells throughout the body. They are most abundant in the brain and immune system, respectively. Your body naturally makes its own cannabinoids (endocannabinoids like anandamide and 2-AG) that share a similar chemical structure with plant-based cannabinoids like CBD.
Endocannabinoids (and plant-based cannabinoids) link with protein molecule receptors called cannabinoid receptors on the surface of cells. CBD has also been shown to strengthen and improve the efficiency of mitochondria, the “powerhouses” of your cells that are responsible for ensuring cells work the way they should. Research has also shown that cannabinoids are able to target damaged cells while sparing normal cells, meaning that the endocannabinoid system may act as a biological defense system.
When a person ingests hemp CBD oil or other cannabinoids, these cannabinoid receptors are activated (CBD appears to have a greater affinity for CB2 receptors than CB1 receptors). Research suggests that when you supplement your ECS with non-toxic, non-habit-forming cannabinoids, like those found in Real Scientific Hemp Oil, you may create a healthier endocannabinoid system and, almost certainly, a healthier you.
From the National Institutes of Health, 2006:
“In the past decade, the Endocannabinoid System has been implicated in a growing number of physiological functions, both in the central and peripheral nervous systems and in peripheral organs… modulating the activity of the Endocannabinoid System turned out to hold therapeutic promise in a wide range of disparate diseases and pathological conditions…”
What does CBD and the ECS means to you?
ECS literally means “the cannabinoid system inside the body.” As CBD Oil modulates endocannabinoid tone, it is helping to balance and maintain a well-founded internal environment within your body. By regularly supplying our ECS with the nutrients it was designed for, vital communications can be restored between the control centers of the body and every other system.
Leading the Hemp CBD Oil Industry
- Consistency Producing a consistent product is a unique challenge in the natural product world and is the primary struggle throughout the cannabis industry. Thanks to our rigorous lab testing and proprietary technology, we are able to produce consistent products for exacting standards.
- Quality Our quality standards lead the industry. We test and analyze our products from seed to shelf, ensuring that every natural product we offer is free of contaminants and of the highest quality possible. Our quality guarantee means: Constant testing of our hemp plants, NO genetically modified ingredients and NO chemical fertilizers. Because we own the entire supply chain, we ensure we grow the best hemp and make the best CBD oil.
- Third Party Testing We have always been an industry leader in product testing and consistency. We test every batch of our hemp oil to determine the exact concentration of CBD. We also custom formulate our products to ensure you’re getting an exact and consistent amount of active cannabinoids per serving.
- The Hemp Depot Hemp Oil Extraction Process Our hemp oil extraction is derived from hemp grown in Colorado on all natural local farms. Utilizing a state-of-the-art extraction method we then process the raw material into one of the purest most concentrated CBD rich hemp oils on the market today.